Best way to do sequential numbering for raffle tickets, etc.

you need to do a mail merge of the numbers from an Excel file, into Word, Corel Draw, etc.. This merged file is what you send to print "using a master" with the background.

the imposition could be upstream or downstream, whatever is easier for you.

are you in the US? call your Xerox Analyst.

it's not difficult, but it needs some creativity and expertise to do this easily.

I know that PrintShopMail will do it, but I was wandering if there was a less expensive solution out there so that I could get numbered tickets (usually 4-up) right off the Xerox. I just want to avoid having to go the the Windmill after trimming and doing it the old fashion way. There is a tiny little copy shop here in town that is doing it, and am willing to bet that they are not using PrintShopMail, but I'm also not going to ask them to share their methods with a competitor. There has to be cheaper solution. I know that I can do it with auto page numbering in Indesign, but that means I can only print raffle tickets 1-up which wont work.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I use Auto Number for raffle tickets on my Xerox. I think I paid about $90 for it online a few years back. Works well for short run raffle tickets 4-up.

:confused: Whoops that looks very familiar.....
Auto Number is the one I use not Numbering Machine! That's what I get for not looking and answering from home.
I've done 2 up, 4 up, 6 up and 8 up double numbered tickets with no problem on my Canon 3200 copier.

Sue

Try this. It numbers tickets and sequences the pages in correct order for simple stapling, perforating and cutting into books (instructions on site)

www.raffleprinter.com

You can print direct to printer or create a print file and print yourself or send to print shop for printiing.

Don't Spend Any Additional Money For Something This SIMPLE!

Don't Spend Any Additional Money For Something This SIMPLE!

You can do it with Word and Excel. It just takes a little know how.

You create a numbering macro in Excel. I have mine set-up so I can do multi-up NCR crash numbering and still be able to cut & stack the output. Raffle tickets would be just as easy. PM me with your e-mail and I will send you my excel file.

Then you set up a custom label in Word to do the mail merge.

From here there is all kind of ways to get the data on your design depending on what your printing to. For example, if you are printing to a Fiery that supports Freeform then you send you layout file and set it as a background then print the mail merge on top of the Freeform background.

Homemade Raffle Ticket Generator will cost you NOTHING as long as you have Fiery with Freeform, Word, and Excel .All of which you said you have, and the best part is I have run high numbers doing this and it rips suprisingly fast, much faster then doing it from InDesign.

Raffleprinter.com is absolutely free to use. No cost, registration or anythging

Just go to the site and run the application

:

I use Printer Bench Pro. It does everything for the college. It is a very solid digital electronic numbering software for PC only.

I use Printer Bench Pro. It does everything for the college. It is a very solid digital electronic numbering software for PC only.
I also use printer bench pro...we do 12 coupons up on 11x17, and print the background into a variable data master file and then select this master when printing out of PBP and its easy cheezy....now if they would just write the software for a mac:D:D

I use Excel to auto generate the numbers, save as CSV

Design the ticket using InDesign.
Then use InDesign's Data Merge feature to create a multipage PDF with the individual numbered tickets

Then use 'Quite Imposing Plus 2' plugin in Acrobat to shuffle pages and n-up so the cut stacks are sequential.

using this method to number

using this method to number

You can use data merge in INDY, you'll need to create some sort of numbering system with excel,

(so if you have tickets 4 up, and want 400 numbers make 4 columns in excel, column one will contain numbers 1 to 100, etc.)

save as a .csv, import to Indy in the data merge window

create a text box on each ticket, then link each box to a column from the excel spreadsheet, generate the document, print, cut, stack.

Will this work if open the file as a PDF in InDesign? Exactly how would you set up the columning in excel say for numbering 4 part NCR , 1000 sets with prefix text and then what is the link process in Indesign? would appreciate the detailed steps for both

Thanks

PDf based numbering software for PC

PDf based numbering software for PC

Have looked at some of the suggestions for numbering most seem to be Iamged based using Tiff's etc.
But would like a Numbering Program which will work with a PC using PDF converted layouts. I presume the PDF file formatting is better than converting the base layout to be numbered to TIFF of Jpeg? Is this a proper assumption?

Layout your ticket in InDesign, one on each page, using the Page Number function to number the tickets. If you have something like Imposer Pro (I know it doesn't work from InDesign CS3) you can, for instance, impose the pages 4up consecutive and get 4 tickets on an A4. Alternatively, make a PDF of the whole document and impose (manually, if you have to), the advantage here is that this can work as a template for other tickets, simply make a new PDF of the same size and update the PDF in the template document every time you have a new raffle ticket to do.

Place your pdf file in indesign import the variable date export to pdf select cut and stack on the fiery...job done.
Good for raffle tickets mail merging postcards letters ect.ect.

I also use InDesign. An Excel file for numbering is easy to create. Then find DataMerge under Automate to link the data file. When you are ready to export, use the create PDF right on the Datamerge window. You can print as cut / stack on the Fiery (or CREO). REMEMBER - if your customer wants them stapled into books of 6 (for example) each stack has to be divisible by 6 if you are going to staple then cut into individual books.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back