Better Gloss Paper

Johntron

I'm running a Docucolor 260 and have been running Nekoosa 100# gloss text for a lot of jobs, but I'm hoping one of you might know of a better alternative that is a bit heavier and more comparable to the AQ coated 100# text people typically get from offset 100# gloss.

Any suggestions?

Never used Nekoosa gloss but we use Unisource Porcelain for most of our coated paper stocks on Xerox machines with decent results.. For "higher end" coated stocks maybe try Futura or Centura? Have you tried Xerox's paper?

Try Futura much nicer than Nekoosa (we used to use Nekoosa), but you'll never get the Aqueous coated look without coating it even with Kromekote.

Okay thanks. I actually have an uncracked package of 12x18 Futura I haven't needed yet, so I'll give that a whirl.

Hello guys!

Glossy paper was originally designed to help improve the appearance of photographs by making the image look crisp and to be more durable. It is one of the best choices to get vibrant tones and clear images assuming the photo is properly exposed and focused. Modern glossy papers are usually Resin Coated (RC) so they are also somewhat water resistant. Disadvantages of a glossy finish are that it shows fingerprints, can appear to crack if it is bent and can be difficult to clean successfully if anything gets on the paper...

Paper shredding

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back