Better options for in-line cover scoring than a Tri-Creaser?

Upgrading our cover scoring mechanisms and we're finding few options other than Tri-Creaser. We get pretty mixed reviews on the effectiveness of this product so I'd like to gather as much feedback as possible.
Generally, we run 80# text up to 10pt Cover so nothing too heavy. Thanks for any feedback or recommendations.

Last edited:
Upgrading our cover scoring mechanisms and we're finding few options other than Tri-Creaser. We get pretty mixed reviews on the effectiveness of this product so I'd like to gather as much feedback as possible.
Generally, we run 80# text up to 10pt Cover so nothing too heavy. Thanks for any feedback or recommendations.

I haven't kept up with the competitors of that type of creasing device. I do know that Rosback has a similar product now called TrueScore, but I'm not sure if they offer it for any machines except their own.

While I have seen the TriCreasers in action, I have yet to see Rosback's version in operation.

As you know, the Tricreaser uses a polymer type ring that does the creasing with a female bottom "collar" made of steel. With a fresh polymer insert the Tricreaser does a very good job. The polymer insert does wear in time and has to be replaced when the crease quality diminishes. This may be many thousands of sheets of card stock before replacement is needed.

The other important aspect of the Tricreaser is the machine it is mounted on has to feed paper stock as straight as possible. If the sheet skews while passing under the creasing insert, the crease will be crooked or curved. This goes for any rotary creasing machinism, though.

Two thoughts for you on this:
1) We'd be happy to run some of your job samples using the Tri-Creaser to show you exactly the results you can expect on your equipment. If you'll private message me I'll send you details on where to ship your samples. You can even use our fedex number. Or use the Contact Us form at TechnifoldUSA.com. There is no obligation and we run the samples free of charge.
2) We also have a one year, 100% money-back performance guarantee on the Tri-Creaser. If you're not satisfied for ANY reason with your purchase, you can return the product to us for a full refund. Nobody else backs their products like that.
Sincerely,
Andre Palko
Technifold USA

Thought I would provide some feedback:
We installed the Spine-Creaser three weeks ago and the results have been wonderful. Very easy to install, we're looking at adding them to the other machines now. I'm not sure why we had mixed reviews on this product, I have nothing but positive experiences so far. Thanks.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back