Binding Type, need an explanation....

OkiTech

Hi guys. I had quoted a short run book to the customer and they had answered to me that my quote build up is too complicated and they had found some self-publishing web-site. They making books using Hinge Binding method - if someone could explain what is Hinge Binding please.
Thank you.

Al, guys thanks for the input. Interesting video. My 6 years old daughter liked it, guessing what happens next - I'll be seeing hand made books around her room on the top of everything is laminated now :) . I am actually interested in something commercialized, like I can produce saddle-stitched product and perfect-bound product. I know that real books are sewn, perfect bound could be Thermal glue or PUR, than as mentioned - saddle stitching, but what would be "Hinge bound" , we're talking 2 books, 60 pcs each at $7 per, I would highly out that anyone would offer a 60+ hand made book at $7 per......
Here here they found the offering: http://diggypod.com

Last edited:
Usually when talking 'hinge' it refers to scoring on the cover "Hinged Score" which is a score put on the cover 1/4-1/2" from the spine when binding. Some glue pots will have a hinge roller on them that puts a bead of glue 1/8" onto the first and last page, made to strengthen the binding. The binding would be Perfect Bound.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back