Blank pages Xerox Nuvera/Freeflow

dpolglaze

Registered Users
I have a PS file that uses blank pages to account for the back of a simplex sheet. The job must run all duplex because the SW cannot deliver variable plexing commands (Duplex True and False). This results in a click for every page--2/sheet--since every sheet runs through the fuser twice. Does anyone know if Freeflow can be made to recognize these blanks and somehow cause those sheets to run simplex, or does the Nuvera somehow do this? Or, is it possible that the Nuvera does not count the clicks for the blanks since they are not imaged?

Thanks,
Dwight

You can program it in FreeFlow MakeReady as a blank insert. You also do a batch delete of all even pages and than run the job simplex this can also be done
from FreeFlow MakeReady.

I might need to further clarify here. I don't want to remove the blanks pages necessarily and the job must run duplex. The job is 92 pages (1,2,3,4,5 etc.) so it produces 46 sheets. 17 pages are blank, so when it runs duplex 17 of the 46 sheets come out as simplex.

Is there a way to run this job through Freeflow to a Nuvera and have the billing counter only count 75 (92 - 17 = 75)?

Does it definitely register as a click. Our dc242 recognises blank pages and doesn't register a click. used to us it to decurl certain single sided stocks.

Have you tried this?
Open a Job Property. In "Special Pages" tab. You can specify "Exception Pages" that are printed 1-side only.

Little confused between you, Londen and Pippip. You say the blanks would register a click and Pip says no. I don't have access to the Nuvera in this case so can't actually test.

I am consulting and trying to help a client decide between the Xerox and another press. Their software can't output variable duplex commands, only blanks to create simplex sheets. Also, this is VDP. The sample job I speak of is just that; a small testing sample. The files would normally have ten thousand records or more, so we could not set page range exceptions as you asked. Each record has several and variable numbers of pages as this is a statement type job.

Is it possible the Nuvera registers the click for the blanks on a hard counter, but not a soft billing counter? That is the main issue. They don't want to pay click charges for the blanks. It does not seen from what I've found so far that Freeflow can do any "magic" and remove the blanks and insert a "duplex false" command on the file.

Thanks again,
Dwight

Little confused between you, Londen and Pippip. You say the blanks would register a click and Pip says no. I don't have access to the Nuvera in this case so can't actually test.

I am consulting and trying to help a client decide between the Xerox and another press. Their software can't output variable duplex commands, only blanks to create simplex sheets. Also, this is VDP. The sample job I speak of is just that; a small testing sample. The files would normally have ten thousand records or more, so we could not set page range exceptions as you asked. Each record has several and variable numbers of pages as this is a statement type job.

Is it possible the Nuvera registers the click for the blanks on a hard counter, but not a soft billing counter? That is the main issue. They don't want to pay click charges for the blanks. It does not seen from what I've found so far that Freeflow can do any "magic" and remove the blanks and insert a "duplex false" command on the file.

Thanks again,
Dwight

Sorry I didn't mean to confuse you op, I was just saying in our case our DC242 doesn't register a click on the billing meter if the sheet is blank, not that your machine would automatically be the same. As others do get charged I just asked to be sure you checked your machine.

is it possible in pdf where i have 1000 pages single pdf with 350 blank page?
and i want to run this pdf as duplex.
how can i get 650 click in billing?
is there any setting in printer?
Please suggest.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back