Blanket Peeling

EGWebguy

:confused:We run a Timson T48 Webpress. We use Ebony blankets with Flint UV ink. Has anyone every encounterd blanket blistering and then peeling? We are supposed to get something like 6-7 million impressions per set, but can rarely get 3 million before this happens.

Have you ever been able to get 6-7 million impressions with the Ebony?

I could be wrong here, but have you tried using a blanket designed for UV inks?
The Ebony seems to be designed for Conventional/Hybrid/UV Inks, like an all-purpose blanket. A blankets designed specifically for UV inks would stand up longer would they not?

Yes, when we first got them we did get 6-7 million. Our tech. figures it has to do with our blanket wash solvent swelling the blankets. I believe we are going to try "Red Ruby" next. I just wanted to know if anyone else had the same issue.

We have had the same problem, we don't run that much volume, but every time I have changed blanket vendors this is exactly what happens. A blister forms, then pops and the blanket is done. I believe it to be a blanket problem, not chemicals. We run non heatset offset webs, Didde. I have seen this more than once.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back