Blowback in PDF Trapper in Nexus

pressdisk

I have an installation of Nexus 10 with PDF Trapper having moved over from Prinergy. I want to blow back a second hit of a PMS colour, but I can't figure out how to make the trapping pairs work the way I want. Keep away doesn't seem to have an effect. Could I ask for some help?

I'm still learning Nexus, too, after using Apogee and Prinergy (I really miss Prinergy, and I never thought I'd miss Apogee but Nexus makes me long for it!) Not sure how to do what you want in Nexus, but by chance do you have Neo? If so you can do it manually, but it might be a pain if there's a lot of pages.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply. I can make a trap in the workflow with PDF Trapper and then modify it in Neo, but I have a bunch of users to account for and want to avoid that step. Powertrapper module has no problem blowing back the second hit (if it's in the correct order), but the PDF Trapper should be able to do it, but I'm confounded as to how. Sigh.

You should be able to do this when your using Librarian. You can make trapping pairs.
Librarian can be a pain to setup at first but with it comes power. It's best to use a mysql database and not the local version.
This way all operators and nexus boxes are using the same DB.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back