Bourg BB2000 Perfect Binder Issues - Need Help

Digital Insight

Greetings all. I'm looking for some help / advice

I have a Bourg BB2000 Perfect Binding machine.

It is currently "stuck"

I was binding some books this morning and the carriage is "stuck" on the far right side of the binder.

It went through the process of scoring and gluing the paper, then went into the "clamping" stage and then just stopped.

Normally it will stay in the clamping stage for about 7-8 seconds, then releases the book and then the carriage will return left to the "home" position to begin the process all over.

Is there a reset or a switch I need to depress to force the carriage to return to the home position?

Thanks in advance for any help and tips on this issue.

Rob

Last edited:
You probably have a blown fuse. The book factories blow fuses a lot, many times for no reason. However, if it is a fuse and it blows again then you probably have a wiring issue or a bad component in the clamping area. Hope it is a fuse.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back