Brillia HD pro-v plates

motormount

Hi all!

I wanted to know whether the chemistry free violet plates mentioned are compatible with Heidelberg's Prosseter 74 models,cause i've heard that these platesetters cannot expose into chemistry free plates-and cannot be upgrated to do so-

Any info on the subject will be appreciated,

Thanx in advance,

Antonis.

Dear Antonis,
the Prosetter 74 can image the Fuji Brillia HD pro-v plates if a ≥30mW laser is installed.
We have tested the plates – they can be imaged without problems.
If your machines has a 5mW laser, the laserhead can be upgraded to a 60mW head.

Regards,
Mark Ihlenfeldt
Product Management CtP Heidelberg

Thank you very much Mark!

Any one here using these plates;
I'd like to hear of your personal experience-if there is any-of the plate processor's maintenance!

Thanks again!

We have been using them for 2 months now and they are great.

They still have a chemical, its some sort of finisher I think.

You dont have to worry about PH levels with the chemistry.

The chemical lasts for 2 months or 2000 plates and then you dump it.

You also need to have a drum of water, 20 litres will last 2 months.

Cleaning of the processor is very easy and takes about 20 minutes.

IMO these are the best plates you can run with a violet CTP, we have tried Silver Halide, Photopolymer and now these and these are with out a doubt the best.

Sounds really nice,we are using Agfa plates-lithostar if i'm correct- no problem with them but the raptor plate processor we have is a -big- pain in the ass,leaks all the time every 3 weeks needs service which takes 3 hours at least of very persistent scratching...

Last edited:
you will certainly save time and money moving away from the Agfa plates

HELLO Cosmo:)

We olso mowing from Agfa plates to Fuji Brillia hd pro-v plates for heatset and now we can print only 400 000 max print copies and take new complect with plates.
With Agfa plates we run no less than 600 000 print copies.
How you any coments on it?

Hello
I watt to use Fuji chemestry free in my ctp ecrm mako
Shall i do any modification in the setting
Thank you for help

We are on the older (chem) processor. Have been told the new (shorter/dedicated) processor for Pro-Vs would cost around $15K. We are awaiting news on a retro-fit of our G&J chem one here in OZ. We may go that way. Much cheaper.
Chem-free processors are much shorter in length, for obvious reasons.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back