Broker expanding to in-house

I started with a Bizhub C352P, moved on to a Bizhub C451. I've sold my C352P and got a DC2060 and a DC12 to back that one up. Despite the K-M techs calibrating the C451 the colour is NOWHERE near even the DC12 and I would say that this humble DC12 beats the pants off any Bizhub I've had or seen except in speed and in the ability to duplex higher grammages of stock. It will take SRA3 and the Bizhubs will not, it doesn't jam much and my C451 does (and the techs can't figure out why, even after replacing a $1,500 bit) and, at least where I am, it is cheaper to run. Yes, my C451 soldiers on but I have actually had jobs rejected from it when my client had previously seen the quality of my Xeroxs.
Of course, you can put a proper RIP on a Bizhub but then you are probably getting close to the price range of a DC242 anyway.

The DC12 prints better than what xerox sell today so no surprise there. Hot tip for everyone, unless it says PRO in the name it is not designed for production, entry level or otherwise. Konica don't have anything sub 30k copies month. The 280 has pretty astounding quality for a non pro and uses the same 8 bit technology as the PRO equipment, they have certainly raised there game on that one. But I wouldn't try and build a business on it.

So the latest rep is recommending a Kyocera 250ci. For some reason her unofficial quote is considerably cheaper than the Bizhub guy's.

She brought some samples, which weren't super impressive, but to be fair I was comparing to my Designjet 130 prints. There was a little blotchiness, and it didn't render the drop shadows correctly.

Waiting on a call back from Xerox now.

Kyocera for high end production color printing? of course it's going to be cheaper than the BuzHub.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back