Buying a Xerox 700

We are ready to buy a Xerox 700. My question is this. Fuji says for appox. 8,000.00 they will come in and setup the 700 to Graco 7 standards, They showed us a training Syllabus they use the FTSS Consultant signs and the Trainee signs and dates, Looks very complete.
My local sales man just told me that this a Xerox Doc. and the Xerox Tech. will setup the machine the same way. ( No extra Charge ). Is there vaule in having the machine maybe fine tuned by someone who is in the printing world like Fuji.

Thanks for any help I can get. I will need to make the decision ASAP.

Mike

Don't forget Fuji actually make this machine. Get Xerox to do it, and see if youre happy with it.

I am a Xerox Sales rep and I work closely with our Fuji Rep. Both can do the same thing Xerox charges for it but you do not see the whole $ amount. Fuji shows it separate. I know we have a great analyst that does it for our group and our Fuji rep has a great guy. This may not be the case in every locale and you can get mixed results going either way. Most important would be to make sure you are satisfied with the outcome and hold each of them to it. AJR is correct the 700 engine is made by Fuji. Fuji and Xerox are married at the hip so your reps should be willing to work together. All the best!

PS You should be pleased with the 700 and the Gracol is worthwhile.

From what I read recently Fuji Xerox are a shared company but I belive Fuji own a larger percentage and most of the manufacturing and R&D is performed by Fuji.

But I don't work for them you might.

Is setting up the Gracol 7 allways done. Or is this done only for some installs? Our Xerox Tech said it
just a down load and any one can do it.

From what I read recently Fuji Xerox are a shared company but I belive Fuji own a larger percentage and most of the manufacturing and R&D is performed by Fuji.

But I don't work for them you might.

take a look at Xerox Corporation's fact book about Fuji Xerox :
Factbook

Gracol 7 is a workflow, not a download. It's nice to feel the love between the vendors who compete against each other for the same business.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back