Buying Local

gordo

543 Buying Local.jpg

gordo

Full disclosure...a printer I met at a GraphExpo some years ago told me that this was what he was doing. No joke :-(

pghn

We make that here in Honduras. Is simply cheaper for certain stuff to be made in the US and then shipped here that to get the equipment and make it ourselves.

tngcas

I wonder if the buyer knows what's going on. The printer that I spoke to kept his offshoring of print a secret.

We outsource jobs from time to time but we always tell the customer first. We'll give them a price for what it is inhouse and then the cheaper price outsourced with pros and cons. Then if/when there's an issue the customer understands that it might not be our fault even though we will go to bat for them to get it fixed. It makes for a more honest and easier relationship with customers imho.

Sarah Duke

We outsource jobs from time to time but we always tell the customer first. We'll give them a price for what it is inhouse and then the cheaper price outsourced with pros and cons. Then if/when there's an issue the customer understands that it might not be our fault even though we will go to bat for them to get it fixed. It makes for a more honest and easier relationship with customers imho.
Exactly. We have to outsource some orders and customers are informed.

Last edited:

Controlling the Purse Strings

Avanti
CONTROLLING THE
PURSE STRINGS

By Noel Ward, Editor@Large
What did you buy for your
business last week?
And how are you making sure everything you purchase is properly managed and accounted for?

Read the Article