Bypass door interlocks on versant 2100

jcousins

Hello everyone, happy Monday!

This is sort of a strange request...

About two weeks ago, one of the door interlocks for our versant 2100 broke. In the process of replacing it with a new one, some sparks flew and now the machine is all confused about which doors are open and closed. For some reason it throws a fuser fault 099-341 and a second btr fault as well. The machine will not run unless we can somehow bypass the door interlock system. Does anyone know how to go about disabling it or bypassing it altogether? Maybe something I can select in the settings of the printer or diagnostics?

We're trying to determine which pwb we need to order. We were given two part numbers...961K04660 & 960K68854 for the paper handling board, but we are having issues finding any in stock.

I said power supply not paper handling board
what does paper handling have to do with the low voltage power supply?
what configuration is your machine

That’s what the technician suggested as the problem. We blew something on the paper handling circuit board. No idea where it’s located.

the fuser is both the low voltage and high voltage power supply
since the doors dont close your circuit isnt complete
I dont think its the high voltage since there is power to the machine
are you going to be doing the work yourself or a tech?

Yes we are going to be doing it ourselves. I’m wondering if testing the low voltage power supply with a multimeter will be able to confirm an issue with it. I’m wondering if just going ahead and replacing it will fix the issue.

some sparks flew
I can't say which board may need replacing but your description of the sparks would seem to indicate something more than just low voltage was involved. Low voltage short to high voltage? Your error messages from the fuser, 2nd BTR and doors will all be on the low voltage side.

It may just be me but when I say sparks flew I mean something that would knock me on my butt and leave a nasty black mark on metal. A low volatage short would be something that I would just say crap I just cost myself some money and time.

what configuration is your machine
also what error code do you have
Configuration Code: B2E
Paper Tray: 3 Tray Configuration
High Capacity Feeder: 2 Tray (Oversized)
High Capacity Stacker: Installed
Duplex Module: Fault
Hard Disk: Installed
Page Memory Size: 1024MB
System Memory Size: 3072MB

Faults: 099-341

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    11.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    12.4 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
I can't say which board may need replacing but your description of the sparks would seem to indicate something more than just low voltage was involved. Low voltage short to high voltage? Your error messages from the fuser, 2nd BTR and doors will all be on the low voltage side.

It may just be me but when I say sparks flew I mean something that would knock me on my butt and leave a nasty black mark on metal. A low volatage short would be something that I would just say crap I just cost myself some money and time.
This was the "crap I just cost myself some money and time" type sparks XD

This was the "crap I just cost myself some money and time" type sparks XD
Been there but not on the Versant, it's under full service.

Sounds like you need to get some reference points for voltages and follow it back to where it's either a fuse or the board. Don't know if they can help but The Parts Drop in NJ may have a refurbished power supply if that's what you need.

Been there but not on the Versant, it's under full service.

Sounds like you need to get some reference points for voltages and follow it back to where it's either a fuse or the board. Don't know if they can help but The Parts Drop in NJ may have a refurbished power supply if that's what you need.
Alright, cool - we've been in contact with them so I guess it's just a matter of figuring out if it's the fuse or the board.

Alright, cool - we've been in contact with them so I guess it's just a matter of figuring out if it's the fuse or the board.
Probably 24 volts is missing. This voltage is everywhere in the machine - interlocks, motors, clutches and so on.
Service manual, in pdf format, available including wirenets and P/Js locations.

I understand it's a fuser fault error; however, I can't list the fault codes because the history has been cleared after updating some settings in "service rep" mode.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back