c1000i fuser issues

gtcrshr

Hi All,

just wondering if any one has had a similar issue on their c1000i and if there was any help/tips/workaround i should be talking to the techs about,

Constant jamming in / out of the Fuser on anything from 80-115gsm stocks uncoated or coated basically is curling up between the fuser and going into the cooling belt,

any magical solution/tips before they need to look at replacing the fuser unit itself ?

Many thanks

Chris

that was the issue, after rebuilding the issues reoccured, Belt, wick and sensor were replaced yesterday, what is the sheet pad unit ? i wonder if it is called something else here (new zealand)

It is the thin metal piece with teflon on it. You MUST replace the wick and the sheet pad at the same time.

Issue resolved... (he had replaced the wick and the pad i made sure)

another tech had Scrapped the gunk off the refresh roller, exposing bare metal which was causing the belt to stick to the roller and track off

nearly 24 hours out of action now to spend the next 96 trying to catch up !

Have to say, c1000i is a great machine, best xerox we have had to date...

Thank you for the help,

Check you nvm setting for fuser belt speed. 700-028 of course as I typed this I went brain dead on what the belt speed should be. Let me text my tech.

Check you nvm setting for fuser belt speed. 700-028 of course as I typed this I went brain dead on what the belt speed should be. Let me text my tech.

100-140 I believe is the range. If you are having issues with jams after the fuser and your fuser belt speed is above 130 I would go ahead and do a rebuild.

Arossetti is correct, my tech used 120 as a median, anything over 130 he said to start figuring on a rebuild.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back