c5501 double feeding silk stock

andy1

Hi guys,

I'm having some problems with my c5501, not worth a tech call just wondering if anyone else has experienced double-feeding on 300gsm silk coated card?

The card doesn't have a lot of static and slides around quite easily but for some reason the printer double-feeds or refuses to feed around 1 in 30 sheets, when it does feed the quality, registration and skew are perfect so I don't think it's a media issue. In fact print and turn duplexing is within 0.5mm (0.25mm per side) so it really isn't strugging.

Any experience/advice?

Thanks,
Andy

This happens due to general wear of the feed tires. They are not too hard to replace yourself If your a more comfortable konica user and have the parts on hand. (if not, next time the tech is in you could get them to show you how to replace)

Baring that, get a bottle of Fantastic and a good cloth that wont fray/leave fibers on the rollers. Spray some Fantastic onto cloth and give the feed tires a good rub/clean. This will improve slipping on smoother stocks.

Hi Emtri,

Thanks for your reply. I tried WD40 on the rollers (a general purpose oil/lubricator) but it didn't help. One fix is to physical turn odd sheets over so every other sheet is in effect "upside down", a bit labour intensive and useless on duplex stocks though. I'll ask a tech about the rollers although the printer has only done 25k SRA3 prints from the LCT so I wouldn't like to think it's them.

Might have to try and find another media, never a fan of the yellow tinge coating gives to card anyway.

Is Fantastic an American product or have I just never heard of it?

Thanks,
Andy

Fantastik, I assume is an american thing. We do have it here in canada though.

Its just your basic cleaning product. ie Windex or something similar.
Water will also work. You just want to clean the rubber feed tires which are at the top of the paper tray. So that they are free of paper dust/dirt which accumulates over time.

Also you may want to try slowing the speed of the machine down.
This is done through one of the option tabs in the paper selection screen (where you would change the options on the machine for GSM and paper type.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back