Can you do 10x10" hard-cover, one-at-time books?

kmiller

Hello,

I am a seller of customizable storybooks for children. I'm currently working with a printer for the order fulfillment, and am curious to know what other options might be available. I offer sizes and would need print capabilities for both 8.5 x 8.5 inch and 10 x 10 inch, full color books that are printed one at a time.

Customers design their books on my site and I render into a pdf. I would need someone to print the pdf as a book and also ship. I am looking to do this for less than $20 per book for the 10x10. I'm finding a number of printers that can do one-off books, but nothing in that size. Or if it is that size, the cost is prohibitive.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith

The one missing piece of information before anyone can even think about this:

How many pages per book?

Secondarily, what kind of paper? What kind of imaging: 4/4?

The 4 Horsemen of the Printing estimator are (PISQ): Paper, Imaging spec, Size, Quantity (of impressions).

Without that information, no meaningful estimate can ever be made.

I'm not too versed on the printing side/specs, so thanks for the follow up.

Book pages: 32 interior pages. 36 total with front and back covers

Imaging: Yes, 4/4

Paper: Something with a finish and weight suitable for a children's book (sorry I can't be more specific). For my current printer, the paper I'm using is called "Express Photo Silk Paper," and works just fine.

Thanks.

Keith

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back