Can you help me through a Focus Search on a Esko CDI 4835 Spark?

DuaneBryant

Can you help me with a Focus Search, where it ablates about 20 stripes and you choose the thinnest/sharpest one that indicates best focus? Need your advice/judgement if you have...

We are making pretty good film images (yes, we output film, not plates), but still a bit of room for improvement, so I have tried running the Focus Search. This first result was at the default Drum Speed and Laser Wattage that populates when opening Focus Search: The band/area near the center that looks the best is where the films crosses a vacuum channel.

On the second test, run at the drum speed and laser power that produce our good-looking production test-films: The test films look good, but not the focus test…except for the area in a vacuum channel...a head-scratcher…ideas?

Sincerely,
Duane

Attachments

• IMG_4643.jpg
    IMG_4643.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 168
  • IMG_4644.jpg
    IMG_4644.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 159

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back