Can You Please Test – Colour or Mono Click?

I've just tried these four files on our new Konica C1085 with the Fiery FS150 Pro (IC-310).

Our standard colour setup is for Source to be Fogra39L (EFI), Full (output GCR); media-defined output profile. Grey & Black processing on for Text & Graphics.

"Crops in Rego" clicks as colour, the other 3 as black.

I've just tried these four files on our new Konica C1085 with the Fiery FS150 Pro (IC-310).

Our standard colour setup is for Source to be Fogra39L (EFI), Full (output GCR); media-defined output profile. Grey & Black processing on for Text & Graphics.

"Crops in Rego" clicks as colour, the other 3 as black.

Interesting. Check "Crops in Rego" in ImageView. What does it show?

They're all just black clicks here.

Machine: Konica Minolta Bizhub C8000
Product: Fiery PRO80 80C-KM PS Color Server 2.0
Version: 2.0
Software: 9 Rel2

Print settings are attached. The one potentially relevant setting not listed in the PDF is "Adobe PDF Print Engine Preferred," which we have off.

Attachments

• jobprop.pdf
    17.7 KB · Views: 218
They're all just black clicks here.

Machine: Konica Minolta Bizhub C8000
Product: Fiery PRO80 80C-KM PS Color Server 2.0
Version: 2.0
Software: 9 Rel2

Print settings are attached. The one potentially relevant setting not listed in the PDF is "Adobe PDF Print Engine Preferred," which we have off.

I did run the files both through the CPSI workflow and through APPE on the C1085 and found no difference: 3 black, 1 colour. I would have expected the "crops in rego" also to have clicked colour on our old C8000, which had a similar spec fiery to yours.

Just to piss in DYPs wheaties, the new Enfocus / HP "EMP" mode most likey does not care about your PDF/X output intent as it converts everything into CMY only

https://www.enfocus.com/en/products/hp-indigo-epm-preflight-solution

stephen- i share that as you might want to check / test with some HP user who has EMP - not sure, but my guess is that 1 click becomes 3 clicks

Thanks Michael, I am sure that it would, it is not the concern of this test though as it relates purely to mono clicks and how they are/are not triggered depending on artwork setup (with all the variables that RIP/DFE throws in).

Stephen Marsh

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back