Canadians Spocking their 5s

Although not illegal to do, the Bank of Canaduh is urging Canadians to stop Spocking their $5 bills.

Bank of Canada urges ‘Star Trek’ fans to stop ‘Spocking’ their fivers | Dangerous Minds

There are a lot of $5 bills in circulation and I am guessing a very low percent will be Spocked by hand. People will get tired of doing it, unless some printers get the idea of reprinting the bills possibly with inkjet to add the Spocking. Would that then be "counterfacing"? :)

Two words- Awe. Some. I don't care what anybody says, you Canadians are cool in my book.

Hey Gordon, I was just looking at the latest $5 bill (plastic) that I have and Sir Wilfrid is not in profile. The spocked bills must be an older version (paper).

Or maybe I just don't get any newer money anymore. :-(

And then there's the real economic driver of the Canadian economy. (see attached).

Attachments

• canadian_tire_Spocked.jpg
    canadian_tire_Spocked.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 160

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back