Cannot get marks placed

kaiserwilhelm

Tough to describe. Eal to to do the following. I get all the way to the final step
Original pdf brought it. New PDF laid on top. Sizes are squirrelly, but after some tinkering,
Crop, Trim, Art 8.5 x 11
Bleed and Media - 9.5 x 11
There are not marks on this as I removed them to get the two pdfs where I need them.
Now, I want to Add Marks. But, no matter what I do, it does not work.
Thoughts?

I think the standard EAL's supplied with Pitstop put the marks outside the media box so you need to enlarge the media and crop box to show the marks.

Can you not just place the pdf into InDesign, add marks there and make a new pdf?
Looking for automation. This could occur 500 times a year?
Customer sends in on one size #10 die.
We have our own.
They are consistent....not on ours
We are consistent needing ours.
I have it 100 percent working except for crop marks. I do not have to have those, but it will freak people out to not see them

I think Pitstop will put the marks where the trimming should be done. So you have to define a TrimBox first, which is smaller in every direction than CropBox & MediaBox.

If your Crop Box is the same size as your Trim Box, you are not going to see anything outside the Trim Box in Acrobat, as it honors the Crop Box.
I tend to just delete the Crop Box as it's not needed and causes confusion.

Wireframe or the PitStop Page Boxes Tool will show you if they are there or not.

I assume this is the eal you are using, 'Add Marks to Trim Box' ?
It has few options, so I assume the explanation above is the issue.

Let me know how you get on

If your Crop Box is the same size as your Trim Box, you are not going to see anything outside the Trim Box in Acrobat, as it honors the Crop Box.
I tend to just delete the Crop Box as it's not needed and causes confusion.

Wireframe or the PitStop Page Boxes Tool will show you if they are there or not.

I assume this is the eal you are using, 'Add Marks to Trim Box' ?
It has few options, so I assume the explanation above is the issue.

Let me know how you get on

If you use 'Add Marks to Trim Box' and your media box is the same size as the bleed box you will only see small tick marks in the bleed area. To see all of the marks the media box would need to be enlarged. Same thing with the other marks eal's. It creates the marks but if the media and crop box are too small you won't see them.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back