Canon C1+ Vs Fuji Xerox machine. Gloss over print. Worth the extra effort?

acacia print

Anyone out there have one of either of these machines with the fifth gloss unit?

The Canon C1+ is slow on colour but apears to be great value and with the fifth unit to place a clear gloss on I am thinking that this might be a great little machine for short run work. I am sick of colour variations and this claims to fix that as well... what does everyone else think??

Or

Are there other machines that are better. What are the pit falls. I hear that the gloss costs more....

;)

not recomonded since it would damage the fuser roller on regular use.you can look for iR ADV series which can print 300gsm paper

Ok, thanks. Luckily we have a back up machine available. So I might still be able to go with this for our lighter stuff.

What are the cost per sheet figures (in reality) for the fifth gloss unit. I hear that this is expensive and therefore a hard sell? Or do you think that the funtionality of this is worth the extra cost for customers?

fifth colour toner need to be purchased from customer.it will be expensive compared to 4 colour.C1+ can do front and back printing upto 220gsm from tray

Thanks. What is the tollerance for the front to back. And more importantly when you say the fifth colour (Gloss) is "expensive" what would that cost be. For Example. If I was to add a 50% coverage in the gloss would that add another 20% to my click rate or is it more likely to cost me 50%, 100% or a 1000%? Just trying to get a ball park figure to work with. If it was going to make the cost of printing a sheet 1.50 / SRA3 verses just 18 cents then that would let me know what I could expect to sell. not many would like to pay hundreds of dollers more for a gloss. Especially when i can do that as a sparate run on my offset gear.. Thats a good point. would the offset be a simpler cheaper way to do this??

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back