Canon C6000 - your experience so far

bhm8hwcm

I was hoping some existing Canon 6000 (or 7000) users out there could offer some feedback with regards to their experience with the machines. I am seriously looking at putting in a 6000 as it seems to fit my needs the best. The other contender would be the Xerox 5000 ( I presently have a 250) but I do not like fuser oils so the 5000 is out. I need to be able to duplex 300 gsm as well.

I am looking for real world experiences on the Canon boxes...some areas of ineterest:
- colour consistency throughout the run...heavy volume days and light volume days
- colour across the sheet (I think they call it inboard outboard colour)... ie. do colours look consistent across the 13" of the sheet
- marking issues with duplexing 300gsm
- overall print quality...I know it is not offset but overall is quality great for both images and tints on a consistent basis
- any other issues you can think of

How about service? What are the most common reasons for needing to call for service?

What do you dislike the most about the machine?

Any other comments appreciated.

Thanks

I've heard that about the 5000, that some people are turned off about the fuser oil look. Looks like Xerox just launched a new 7000/8000 press that will take of that.

Look at the Xerox DocuColor 5000AP with the "VARIABLE GLOSS MANAGEMENT PROFILES KIT". The kit is free by the way.

Also, look at the new Xerox DocuColor 7002/8002.

Thanks for feedback so far.

Regarding the 5000AP I did get test prints run off on it and I still did not like the toner piling (I think that is what it is called) in the dark areas. As well, printing on a stock like 28# laser bond still had lots of gloss in my opinion compared to my Xerox 250 and the C6000. I was told that these were printed with the least amount of gloss possible.

Yes I have heard about the 7002 and will see it in Chicago (told they are actually demoing 8002 there). Not sure about pricing but my guess is it is quite a bit more than the 6000.

Any Canon users out there with feedback on their machines?

Thanks.

Regarding the 5000AP I did get test prints run off on it and I still did not like the toner piling (I think that is what it is called) in the dark areas. As well, printing on a stock like 28# laser bond still had lots of gloss in my opinion compared to my Xerox 250 and the C6000. I was told that these were printed with the least amount of gloss possible.

In Chicago, ask again about this "VARIABLE GLOSS KIT". Not everybody knows about it, and probably they did not use it when they did the test prints. About the toner piling, it can also be managed via software; ask about it too in Chicago. All the Xerox experts will be there.

BHM - while you're waiting for some actual C6000 users to weigh in, try searching the product name in this digital print forum. The search feature works pretty well and there are a lot of other threads about imagePRESS products.

Hope to see you at Print - we will have the whole imagePRESS product lineup in our booth.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back