Canon c6000VP

Happyprinter

We are thinking of purchasing the 6000VP. Any comments on it's overall reliability. Just curious what past or current owners think of the machine. Hows your service been? Any comments would
be greatly appreciated.

Ip7000vp

Ip7000vp

What business are you in>?
the canon range has some big advantages over other machinery. If the machines are in perfect working other no other digital Press can surpass its registration and imaging quality. If youre looking for durability it might be wiser to look for some more durable product like xerox igen 4 or nexpress se 2500 or up.

We have had an ip7000VP for over 3 years and we aim for highest segemnt digital pint. On this we did make some money but when depending on high volumes we have not been able to deliver the digtial print results that others can in the turnaround times that others can. With Canon you cant!

I might give of a mixed signal but ill state this very clear:
if you want a very nice print but dont need reliabilaty the Canon imagepress is the best product in the world.
If youre customers expect constant quality even if it means you dont give them the best imaging quality choose something else.

Thanks for your input. We are a commercial printer looking at expanding our digital market. Sounds like we need to look at the Ricoh 901 possible for faster prints.

Ricoh versus IPC6000VP

Ricoh versus IPC6000VP

Hi,

I dont think the Ricoh is a solution youd be happy with but I cant say for sure since youd have to be specific in what you expect from a press. In our opinion the Ricoh is a similar product with far less imaging and I don’t think the durability is that good. Ive heard and very quickly tested the 902 and it’s more a printer than a press.

If you are looking for large volumes (30000 and up a month don’t go for a printer go for a press (Nexpress SE2500, Xerox 800/1000, Indigo 2500 and up or MGI) Other products are mere printers. Some better than others

If you are looking for a printer never go higher than a Xerox 550, Konica Minolta C6500 or even a Canon imagerunner.

These products are made to be printers!!! The highest segment are made to be presses. The mid segment is made to SUCK!!

Go light or heavy don’t go medium this whole segment is a bad investment especially when you want it to behave like a press.

My opnion is:

Good investment:
Light machines
Xerox, 550 maybe 700 series
Konica Minolta 5500 6500 series
Canon Imagerunners (more copiers than printers)

Heavy Machines
Good investment if you have at least 100 k a month to print
Indigo
Xerox Igen, 800/1000 series
Nexpress
MGI

Bad investment
Medium machines(machines that are no longer copiers but are not yet Presses. They are actually nothing!!!
Canon imagepress C7000VP and C6000VP 7000 and 6000 (amazing quality for one print if it works correctly)
Konica C8000 (pretty good quality but registration is so so)
Ricoh series (more copiers than all above and first step of Ricoh into this segment stay away from first series products)

Again I might be very negative regarding our own Canon but I love the machine to death but its very hard making money with a product that has the tendency to need service either my own or Canons every 5000 clicks

We are currently in the process of deciding if we should upgrade to a C6010 since Canon explained that many many many many many issues have been tackeled.

Hope to have been of service

Robin

For light production the Canon iR ADV 9075PRO is a good option and if you volumes and quality requires above this look at the new Canon iPR6010VP or 7010VP. Reliability is meant to be much better than the predecessors.

Where did you gt this info bennie . This is potentially very important to us since we are very unhappy with the reliabilty of our current c7000vp

We deliver high quality digital print to advertising agencies and creatives. These People remake high quality in constant quality.

We might switch to à c6010vp in order to get more reliability. We are however reluctant since we have had Many issues with our current machine

Canon havesimproved the service interval and introduced new technologies to keep the colour stable and the registration on track. The new devices also have slightly higher production speeds 71.6 a4 and 38 a3.

Where did you gt this info bennie . This is potentially very important to us since we are very unhappy with the reliabilty of our current c7000vp

We deliver high quality digital print to advertising agencies and creatives. These People remake high quality in constant quality.

We might switch to à c6010vp in order to get more reliability. We are however reluctant since we have had Many issues with our current machine

Come on seriously... you thinking about the Canon advance series when you just said the KM6501 is a "printer". looooooooooooool

The canon sales rep walked out of my door (without a single word uttered) as soon as he compared his prints to the KM6501.

Sorry buddy but Advance is a "printer", KM is not.

I have 2 imageRunners with finishers on them and they can't saddle stitch a booklet of 15 sheets because their internals are crap. Put job on KM6501 and had no trouble folding it.

Once you open up the machine and compare internals you will understand which one is an "office printer" and which one is "production".

My 2 cents

I'm confused. I've put approx 4 pallets of 330gsm trucard through our km5501 this christmas card season with only a few hours downtime. Image quality was so good that we had loads of thank you emails from our customers this year... and it's an office printer?

One of our suppliers has several nexpress machines and everything I saw off of it was pants. Shocking colour variation and hideous banding... and that's a press? I must be missing something.

Who cares if it's a printer, copier, or digital press if it does what you want is what matters.

I'm also looking at the Canon 6010. Right now their offer for 60 months lease is @ $1820, $0.05 for color. And the machine includes large capacity tray's and a saddle stitching unit. How much are they offering you?>

Hi,

I dont think the Ricoh is a solution youd be happy with but I cant say for sure since youd have to be specific in what you expect from a press. In our opinion the Ricoh is a similar product with far less imaging and I don’t think the durability is that good. Ive heard and very quickly tested the 902 and it’s more a printer than a press.

If you are looking for large volumes (30000 and up a month don’t go for a printer go for a press (Nexpress SE2500, Xerox 800/1000, Indigo 2500 and up or MGI) Other products are mere printers. Some better than others

If you are looking for a printer never go higher than a Xerox 550, Konica Minolta C6500 or even a Canon imagerunner.

These products are made to be printers!!! The highest segment are made to be presses. The mid segment is made to SUCK!!

Go light or heavy don’t go medium this whole segment is a bad investment especially when you want it to behave like a press.

My opnion is:

Good investment:
Light machines
Xerox, 550 maybe 700 series
Konica Minolta 5500 6500 series
Canon Imagerunners (more copiers than printers)

Heavy Machines
Good investment if you have at least 100 k a month to print
Indigo
Xerox Igen, 800/1000 series
Nexpress
MGI

Bad investment
Medium machines(machines that are no longer copiers but are not yet Presses. They are actually nothing!!!
Canon imagepress C7000VP and C6000VP 7000 and 6000 (amazing quality for one print if it works correctly)
Konica C8000 (pretty good quality but registration is so so)
Ricoh series (more copiers than all above and first step of Ricoh into this segment stay away from first series products)

Again I might be very negative regarding our own Canon but I love the machine to death but its very hard making money with a product that has the tendency to need service either my own or Canons every 5000 clicks

We are currently in the process of deciding if we should upgrade to a C6010 since Canon explained that many many many many many issues have been tackeled.

Hope to have been of service

Robin

Have you seen demo of 6010vp. Please let us know what is your decision on upgrading.

testing results

testing results

We are testing an imagepress C7010 in januari 2011. As an expert user on the imagepress c7000VP we will test for:
  1. gray background on prints
  2. yellow security dots visibilty
  3. ghosting from front to back
  4. low density on frontside of ITB (resulting in scuffy long sides of print)
  5. undertoning when doing large runs of same color
  6. Colordifference front and back side ITB
and several more issues

The tests you can perform during a demo are in our opinion worthless. I truly believe all engines can produce acceptable quality. But can they do it over a period of 60 months.

the commitmente weve made in the past have always been this long (60 months) This was due to slow development in the Digital printing industry. However we believe the terms of quality change have been shortened.

People who have respondend to my earlier statements on good and bad investments did not understand it correctly. I am convinced al printers are ok. However what im trying to determine what is a Digital Press and whats a digital printer.

Anyway we still believe Canon can provide us a good working machine. Historically Canon has always introduced (not yet finished machines, f.e. 1000 series quickly followed by the 4000 and later 4100 and 5100. 1000 was shabby, 4000 was better 4100 was finished and durable)

we hope this is the case with the 6010/7010 series.

keep you guys posted

I'm also looking at the Canon 6010. Right now their offer for 60 months lease is @ $1820, $0.05 for color. And the machine includes large capacity tray's and a saddle stitching unit. How much are they offering you?>
First offer was 5000 euros with 30000 color clicks
comparing the two offers would be as follows:

offer 1 (your offer)Based on 30000 clicks a month
$1820+(30000*$0.05)=$3320=€ 2315,21

Offer2 (my offer)Based on 30000 clicks a month
monthly ammount = $6094 = € 5000,-
!!!!! my offer is without saddle stitcher but with EFI3200 RIP

Some questions on your offer. Do you have to use a certain ammount of clicks a month? We have to use 30000 clicks to have this price!

In the netherlands Canon uses surplus clicks. If we agree to 30000 clicks but we print 80000. The price for the extra 50000 clicks is € 0.08 cents = $0.010. Ths would be double the price you have to pay and it would be our best price we could get.

if we use 10 000 clicks a month we still pay € 5000. So even the clicks we dont use get billed!!! Ridiculous right!!! Is this the same in the US

What rip is in your proposal?

Robin

Users C6010

Users C6010

I cant say i know anyone using a 6010. The machine is new in the netherlands and can be delivered from january 2011.

We took a change with the c7000VP and are now somewhat forced to switch to a c6010. We would rather have a c6010VP.

We will get back toy you after the demo

direxiondm

Anyway we still believe Canon can provide us a good working machine. Historically Canon has always introduced (not yet finished machines, f.e. 1000 series quickly followed by the 4000 and later 4100 and 5100. 1000 was shabby, 4000 was better 4100 was finished and durable)

Please tell me you are NOT referring to a CLC4000! If you are, that was the biggest piece of crap Canon made. I know we had two before we had them removed! Averaged 135 service call per year!

We are thinking of purchasing the 6000VP. Any comments on it's overall reliability. Just curious what past or current owners think of the machine. Hows your service been? Any comments would
be greatly appreciated.

TERRIBLE. Ours is down 20% of the time. Mostly because of so few service techs. The rip (A3100) can't multitask even though they sell it to you as a workstation. The experience has been horrible. We are in Miami i can only image how bad or long it takes to service these in smaller markets. Color isn't consistent and from what I've see the unit is no dependable at all. :mad:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back