Canon C710 v Konica Minolta AccurioPress C4070 v Ricoh Pro C7200sx

nick.dring

Hi there,
We are changing our production printer this year in our in-house digital print centre. This is our shortlist. We've had demo's of the Canon and KM and the print technicians prefer the Canon UI over the KM but quality-wise they are both very good.
Being an internal print centre we don't have the fast turnaround times that a print shop has so when we are looking at a printer with give more importance to quality and flexibility over speed.
I was wondering if anyone out there has any experience with any of these printers and if they have had any problems that are worth flagging.
Both the KM and Canon we saw were running the standard RIP not the EFI.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Hi there,
We are changing our production printer this year in our in-house digital print centre. This is our shortlist. We've had demo's of the Canon and KM and the print technicians prefer the Canon UI over the KM but quality-wise they are both very good.
Being an internal print centre we don't have the fast turnaround times that a print shop has so when we are looking at a printer with give more importance to quality and flexibility over speed.
I was wondering if anyone out there has any experience with any of these printers and if they have had any problems that are worth flagging.
Both the KM and Canon we saw were running the standard RIP not the EFI.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
If both meet the quality expectations, both handle the paper you run, both offer the finishing you need, and both are similarly priced, I think you answered your own question to go with the Canon since your operators like the UI better. If you force your operators into a different machine, you'll hear nothing but complaints from them.

The 3 machines you mentioned are all good machines. Those on here with Ricoh's will tell you to get the Ricoh's, those with KM will tell you to get KM, etc. Rarely does anyone have all 3 machines in their shop to actually compare. What I always suggest to people is to verify what service is like in your area. Is the dealer close so you'll get good service call response times? Do they have a warehouse nearby so you'll get parts and supplies quickly? Will the techs work with you to leave some parts at your shop so you can replace common items on your own like fusers, drums, charge wires, etc?

Also, take a look at the service contracts. Are they both offering single click for all size sheets? Are they locking the CPC rate for the full lease term? Does either one have a base that you're being charged regardless of volume?

I don't believe Canon offer a vacuum fed paper deck, whereas KM and Ricoh do.
I very much like the PF-707m on our KM C4080, it's worth every penny.

Backing up @Ynot_UK on the vacuum feeder. If you set and lock your side-guides appropriately, they are jam free. The only time I run into an feeding issue is A) one of my staff members has the side-guides too tight, or B) I'm running a synthetic that is loaded with static.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back