Canon Imagepress C1 or Xerox Phaser 7760?

MattOz

We are trying to decide on purchasing a used Canon Imagepress C1 (160k clicks) or a Xerox Phaser 7760 (17k clicks) - both around the same price. Any advice on which is best in terms of quality, consumable availability and cost per print?

We currently print less than 5k clicks a month, so speed is not an issue. Really looking for best quality, cost per print and handling of SRA3 sheets. We print photo books, flyers, booklets and some cards (have a separate celloglazer).

Canon Imagepress C1 or Xerox Phaser 7760?

I used to work for Canon, and have worked with both devices. I would go with the C1 since you say the cost is essentially the same.

I've been running the C1 for a little over 8 months, we bought it to get into digital printing. It is slow but the quality has been excellent, service through Canon has been undesirable to say the least. We are selling the machine and upgrading to a Bizhub 6500 in the next couple of weeks. Not sure if Canon service is lacking nationwide or just in my area, it often takes a couple of days for a repair tech to even show and their skill is not impressive. Overall I like the machine though, it's still pretty fresh at 230M total clicks, but seems to need servicing often.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back