Canon imagePRESS C600i/C700 vs Ricoh Pro 5100S vs Sharp MX-6500N

larsonski

Hi,

I'm now into looking for new MFP with light production capacities as replacement for our Canon imageRunner C7055i with Fiery GX300 which is 5 years old. I want to go a level up especially because I want to print duplex 250-300grs and also i need more paper trays (5 minimum, but 6 preferred).
For now i'm looking at the Canon imagePRESS C600i (C60 in USA)/C700 (PrismaSYNC) vs Ricoh PRO 5100S vs Sharp MX-6500N. And maybe Konica-Minolta.
Sharp is an unknown (light production) printer for me, i don't know if i can compare it with the others?
Someone has experience with one of the printers and knows the pros and cons?

We print like 15K-20K per month, we are an architectural office with high standards in full color prints.

WE just moved from a IR C7055 to a new C700 ImagePRESS. with FIery, not the PrimaCOLOR. Love it. Opt in for the ColorLynx Color management. Daily calibrations, but you are alway right on Color Wise (G7 supposedly).
Can't say bout the others.

I am looking to switch from a Xerox 700 to a Canon C700. Has anyone done that? Is the quality comparable. Xerox want to up grade me to the Versant 80 but a big increase in cost will come with that upgrade. The Canon's cost will be the same as my Xerox 700.

I'm actually very close to signing on a new ImagePRESS C700 myself. I haven't been able to find much on the web - probably because it's so new.

I'd love any insight anyone has on the machine before I commit. I'm also curious about maintenance and service issues. On my Xerox I can change almost everything from toner to drums to fuser. Canon seems to work differently -- only toner is user swappable I believe... I wonder if that will lead to more downtime than the Xerox?

Just had the last demo this week. So here are my remarks (in short):
​First I had a demo on the Sharp MX-6500. Very good and attractive pricing, but quality is really not even close to our, 5 year old office MFP, Canon imageRunner C7055i. In my opinion it's an office MFP with lots of options, but really not a decent competitor to the big 4 (Canon, KM, Ricoh, Xerox).

Then had a demo on the Konica Minolta Bizhub PRESS C1060. Absolute a winner on quality output! Very sharp prints and the solids are really solid. Off course this depends on the paper you use. Good performance for the machine and knowledge from the consultant on Graphic arts. Pricing not yet received, but will not be near the pricing of Sharp. Service is known to be good. Had some service experience in the past.

Canon, did a demo on the imagePRESS C700. Also a very good and competitive machine. Prints where not as sharp as the KM. I'd thought it would be better! I'm having a new demo because i'm sure quality could be better. Pricing near KM i guess, not yet received the offer. Consultant also had a good knowledge about the product and about Graphic Arts. Service is known to be good. Canon is our partner for many years now.

Ricoh, had a demo on the PRO C7100SX. Huge WOW-factor by the 5th toner. Clear and white toner. Very cool effects, but you have to use it if you choose for this printer. Also the banner option is a plus as printing on 360gr media. Quality same as Canon imagePRESS C700. Consultant also had very good knowledge. Pricing not yet received. Service no experience.

The coming next weeks i'll be comparing all the results and prices. Do a blind output test with a few people to get more thoughts. Then make a choice. It's going to be though/close.

OK, how about comparing a RICOH C5100s, Canon ImagePRESS C60 Pro and Xerox C60 - are they all generally in the same ballpark?

yupp, the c7100 is a whole another level compared to the other ones, c7100 is a mid size while the c5100 is a small size production printer

we just purchased a xerox colorpress 800 and quality wise is the best ive seen so far!!!! speed is very impressive and for 2 sided also the register is right on!!!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back