canon ipf8000 vs epson 9890 vs hp z5200

Emtri

Our shop is looking to get a wide format machine for indoor printing
Currently we're looking at:

canon ipf8000
epson 9890
hp z5200

Does anybody have any recommendations and or experiences with these machines that they could share?

Thanks

I use the IPF8100 for both photographic & canvas work.
This is my second Canon & I cannot fault them

How do you find the IPF8100?

Were thinking of getting a multi purpose machine for posters and canvas.

Any gripes? Pain in the ass to switch between poster and canvas?

What do you like about the machine and what dont you like? If you dont mind my asking and thread hijacking.

We ended up purchasing the 12 colour IPF8300
Broke down 2 test prints in after we set the machine up. (possibly due to shipping) It ended up needing a new Print Head, Maintenance Cartridge and Purge Unit. All of which Canon replaced free of charge even though we voided our warranty by shipping it outside of the united states (to canada)

Machine is up and running now, so far we are pretty impressed, have been doing photographic prints as well as Skrim banners

How do you find the IPF8100?

Were thinking of getting a multi purpose machine for posters and canvas.

Any gripes? Pain in the ass to switch between poster and canvas?

What do you like about the machine and what dont you like? If you dont mind my asking and thread hijacking.

No problems at all when switching except you lose about 100mm of media each time so try to get a run. I only do canvas, paper banners (Indoor) & photographic prints
Changing ink is a doddle, been running it over a year now with out any problems & the photo prints are second to non. if i were to replace it i would go for another canon

I have a question regarding our 8300
When printing, even if the print is centered on the sheet, it seems to want to print a white border around the image. Even if its say a 36x24 on a 44 in roll, is there a solution for this other then the borderless printing function (which you need to use max roll size anyway)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back