Canon Lease return buyout/sale option

Robohopar

I apologize if this is the incorrect section to post this but I have my first ever lease return on my Canon C710 and I was wondering if there were buyers out there that would take make offers in the FMV on the machine rather than me returning the machine back to Canon. I know it's easier to just return it but curious and want to exercise all option in case I'm not doing my due diligence. I know FMV is probably exactly what it means but good to know if anyone would have that option in the case the machine might be worth more than my negotiated price with Canon.

Thanks.

There are companies that do this. In my experience I had reached out to a couple of them about a KM machine we had that was going off lease, and they offered much less than what we could buy it out for. It’s likely our lease was negotiated poorly but that was out of my control. Copiers just don’t retain much resale value, IMHO. YMMV though.

Can you forward these details with pictures to [email protected]? It's just easier for me to share with my co-worker. He doesn't have a login with Print Planet and that's why i'm asking.

Thank you
Dan

I ended up negotiating the FMV from 12k down to 3k net including taxes. Keeping the machine at that price was a no brainer I guess. Just an FYI to others in my same position

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back