Canon OCE Colorado 1650 Printer

Looking for feedback from anyone currently using a Canon OCE Colorado 1650 Printer, did the device meet expectations , performance levels.

Bobbreda

Don't have this machine but we did researched it before we bought an mimake ucjv.
I believe canon/oce uses dye sub ink, that's not bad but no use for longterm outdoor use (>3mths) without lamination or protection.
Also the media is more expensive then for solvent, latex or UV printers.

Steve_S

We have the Colorado 1640. We replaced two solvent machines with it, and it is an incredibly productive piece of equipment. The productivity and cost to print far exceeded our expectation level. PM me if you have specific questions. I have had a little up close exposure to the 1650, so I have some understanding of the differences between the 1640 and 1650.

billowen99

I'd recommend the EFI VuTek Pro 24f or Pro 30f for flexible ink applications. John..........I sent you some info.

jwheeler

Don't have this machine but we did researched it before we bought an mimake ucjv.
I believe canon/oce uses dye sub ink, that's not bad but no use for longterm outdoor use (>3mths) without lamination or protection.
Also the media is more expensive then for solvent, latex or UV printers.
Bob, we are considering the Mimake UCJV300 series for our shop...how have you liked it so far? Pros/cons?

So You Want to Invest In Inkjet

I Want to Invest in Inkjet, But…
Over the past few years I’ve watched a group of transactional and direct mail printers strategically shift from monochrome toner machines to full-color toner and inkjet presses. Most banished old black-only toner boxes but kept their color toner devices around because they anticipated needing both color inkjet and toner presses to meet customer needs. They were right then and continue to be right today. Because toner and inkjet can be better together. Read the Post