Canon OCE Colorado 1650 Printer

Looking for feedback from anyone currently using a Canon OCE Colorado 1650 Printer, did the device meet expectations , performance levels.

Don't have this machine but we did researched it before we bought an mimake ucjv.
I believe canon/oce uses dye sub ink, that's not bad but no use for longterm outdoor use (>3mths) without lamination or protection.
Also the media is more expensive then for solvent, latex or UV printers.

We have the Colorado 1640. We replaced two solvent machines with it, and it is an incredibly productive piece of equipment. The productivity and cost to print far exceeded our expectation level. PM me if you have specific questions. I have had a little up close exposure to the 1650, so I have some understanding of the differences between the 1640 and 1650.

I'd recommend the EFI VuTek Pro 24f or Pro 30f for flexible ink applications. John..........I sent you some info.

Don't have this machine but we did researched it before we bought an mimake ucjv.
I believe canon/oce uses dye sub ink, that's not bad but no use for longterm outdoor use (>3mths) without lamination or protection.
Also the media is more expensive then for solvent, latex or UV printers.

Bob, we are considering the Mimake UCJV300 series for our shop...how have you liked it so far? Pros/cons?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back