Can't get a Zero Dot using Navigator RIP 11

Hi Everyone.

We just Installed the Navigator RIP 11 to an imagesetter and even blank pages show up with a 1 or 2% dot. Here's what's happening:

We setup several hot/spool folders to drop our files into. The files appear in the RIP queue on hold (we have output disabled). We highlight the file and click "Roam" to view the file enlarged. In all areas with no art, there appears a slight dot. When we go ahead and output a negative film separation, holding the film up to the light reveals a definite difference between the "blank" image and the film border, which is indeed a solid. The guys who came to set us up can't figure it out. They calibrated everything and the curves show 0% as 0%.

Anyone know how to solve this issue? I've included a screen shot showing the corner of a dieline which should be just a black line without all those extra dots all over the place.

Thanks
Angel

Attachments

• photo8608.png
    photo8608.png
    106.8 KB · Views: 396
Check your curves in the calibration strip....if "1" was entered on the "0" box, this could cause this.

I seem to remember an issue like this from yonks ago. And if I am correct the problem was with one of the profiles used. There is a way out but as I said it was a loooooong time ago.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I tried sending a blank page and same thing happens. I already checked the curves in calibration and the zero box does indeed say "0".

I have a call in to tech support. They're supposed to call me back later today. Let's see what happens.

I seem to remember an issue like this from yonks ago. And if I am correct the problem was with one of the profiles used. There is a way out but as I said it was a loooooong time ago.

Yes, i think too, it could be be an issue which is caused by converting from one profile into an other, but if that so, the Rendering Intent might be the reason:
Absolute will honor a slightly paperwhite!
relative or perceptive will not.

Happens the colormanagement in the RIP? If so, which Rendering Intent is chosen?

Ulrich

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back