CC Indesign - corrupted fonts

kaiserwilhelm

Anyone else having this issue?
Three macs are on 10.8.5. One is one 10.9.1
CC Indesign is at 9.2 on all machines.
Running Universal Type Client 4.02 from a Windows UTS Server 4.0

First time in my life I have done THREE changes at once - UTS 4.0, then allowed my server for UTS to be PC instead of Mac (first time in a decade), and finally, went to 9.2 INDD to get rid of all of the lags in typing and other issues.
Now, especially on ligatures, we are getting fonts going corrupted. We run Font Nuke every morning with deep traversal.

This is getting downright scary as proofs have gone to customers looking idiotic.
Anyone have any ideas?
So far, quitting out of INDD and reopening seems to fix it.......I think

Uninstall first on client Macs

Uninstall first on client Macs

The issue may be with how the updates for UTS were done. While Windows upgrades of UTS can often be done just by running the new installer, in my experience you have better luck on MACs if you use the uninstaller UTS installed to uninstall the previous version prior to using the new installer for the new version.

So the upgrade should have been:
Use the uninstaller to remove UTS from the MAC server where it was previously installed.
Install UTS to the PC server you will now use.
Uninstall client from each Mac desktop, then reinstall using new installer.

Good luck!

It helps to do a Font Nuke. Actually, quitting out of INDD helps.
My issue is that I have gone 7 years without errors like this. VERY scary.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back