Chandler & Price Co. Cutter

printox

I use 2 hand lever cutters. On the Chandler, the clamp easily and effortlessly lowers to the paper. Once I give it a tiny amount of pressure and I want to raise it, it takes more pressure to raise the clamp. Once I am back into the zero pressure it flows back up effortlessly. It seems mechanically intentional. I am hoping to make the pressure release not as intense as it is. Any old people on here?

Yes old guy here. I found the same issue years ago. Older guy told me the weight of the clamp and your tightening is magnified so getting it loose to raise takes more of a effort.

Thanks for responding! So its normal. That helps, I mind less struggling through it if I know I can't fix it. I can get used to that. I prefer our other Heiledelburg one since it does not do that.

Old guy feeling way older lately here. Is 55 the new 75? Even my artificial parts hurt when I wake up in the morning.

Is it something like this one? Maybe figure out a bigger wheel for more leverage?

This one in the video seemed pretty easy both ways. I don't have one but I have looked at a few thinking about it just for a back up.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 4.27.15 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 4.27.15 PM.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 51
Very Close, It has some engraving on the front and a much bigger wheel above it. I am using a clamp pad that I may remove and have less pressure distance.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back