Chemistry-free plates with Suprasetter

How can we do the Ink setting in press, without seeing the image. We used this Kodak Direct Plate for SM 102, the plate is not getting cleaned or cannt match the job. Full solid is coming. And we cannt wash our press each and everytime when the jobs are chaning. Any solution for this. Kodak engg. are trying R & D for one month, still not successful.

cherian,
If the plate is not developing on press correctly, we should start with the basics.

1. Verify that the imager(ing) settings are correct.
2. Verify that the plates are not past their use by date.
3. Verify that the plates have been stored and are being used in the correct environmental conditions.
4. Verify that the plates have not been exposed by light past the safelight specification.

Concerning, your comment about Kodak R&D trying for one month to fix, I need to know your details so I can follow the escalation. Please send me an offline email via PrintPlanet so I can follow up.

Thank you,
Derek@Kodak

Dear Derek

Can you explain to me how to do the ink setting for a press like SM102 CPC without seeing the clear image, in simple words, for a normal press operator. Practically, there is a lot of difficulties, we dont have CIP3/4 link. For mixing colors, its a nightmare for a pressman. This is true.

Last edited:
Processless

Processless

Chemistry free plates are a good choice than a processless plates. Colour matchinging in processless plates is a difficult job for a pressman, taking too much time and brain. Sometimes cannt do. Life span of this processless plates are only 5 hours (1 dayling +4 safelight).

Contiunous cleaning of the press is needed, cannt re-print by these plate. Ink rollers will get damage very early if u using this procesless plates. Need special gum and fountain solution.

If you clean your equipment as you should anyway, and hire people that DO have a brain, processless plates are just as good (in my opinion better) than any other plate. And the safe light issue... how about laying it upside down or in a drawer? you can easily save them up to a week after exposure if stored in dark conditions.

Processless

Processless

New technology has to make the work easier than before. What is this up and down or keep in a safe light, dark room. Very Easy to talk.

Can u tell me about how to do the 'Ink Setting' in CPC SM102 press for this plates. Forget CIP3/4.

Fatboy not very smart.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information on other processless plates. I would like to know if any debris is removed during imaging of Azura or Azura TS and whether the Heidelberg Suprasetter 105 is equipped to handle the debri removal.

Syed

Syed, contact Giffen Graphics and ask for Andreas Zambas the Service Manager of Agfa Distributor in UAE. He can help you!

Another choice is Alhashemi Heidelberg UAE....:)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back