Chillers - Function and installation.

4sight

Forgive my ignorance.
Can anyone enlighten me as to the exact function and point of installation of chiller in the CTP process?
I understand some platesetters use a chiller to cool the laser, but is a water chiller in the processor line simply to control water temperature? Is it always necessary?
Any info is appreciated.

When a chiller is installed with the plate processor, its function is to keeps the temperature of the developer within the required limits.
The heater in the developer comes on in "bursts" while the chiller is constantly ON.

When a chiller is installed with the plate processor, its function is to keeps the temperature of the developer within the required limits.
The heater in the developer comes on in "bursts" while the chiller is constantly ON.
Thank you! So in essence the chiller is working against the heater (or rather, balancing the heater).

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back