Choosing Pantone Goe Colors via LAB values

StrikTenn913

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if there was an easy way to choose a Pantone Goe color via specified LAB values.

For example, if I have an image in Photoshop and use the eye dropper to select the LAB value of a specific color in an image and then want to choose a Goe swatch most similar to that color...

I am trying to establish a color relationship between the color in an image and a Pantone Goe swatch in a device-independent color space.

Thanks for any help you could provide.

Joe

I was wondering if there was an easy way to choose a Pantone Goe color via specified LAB values.

For example, if I have an image in Photoshop and use the eye dropper to select the LAB value of a specific color in an image and then want to choose a Goe swatch most similar to that color...

I am trying to establish a color relationship between the color in an image and a Pantone Goe swatch in a device-independent color space.

If you select the color with your eyedropper, and open up Color picker you'll see the Lab values you've selected. Click on Color Libraries and you'll see the "closest" equivalent in whatever Book you have selected, or change books for the corresponding equivalent in the new book. How well this corresponds to visual perception is up in the air, but you already have the ability to do what you're asking. You might need to download the GOE libraries for Adobe apps if you haven't already.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back