ClingZ Printing

Freeman A.Gain

Has anyone printed on Cling stock recently? I want to know if I can put a coating on it? Running a ManRoland 500, using hybrid UV inks. Will a coating, UV or AQ, stop the cling ability? :confused:
Cheers

Lol! I guess everyone is busy? I tried to UV coat it and it failed. Sealed it great, but it lost 50 - 70% of its cling ability.

Yupo has a product called "octopus", supposedly has more of a mechanical micro suction cup that does not rely on static, I have requested some samples but cannot vouch for it, yet...

it is not recommended that you coat ClingZ. The heat that would be needed to dry the coating would neutralize the static charge that makes the product "cling" . For that very reason the manufacturer recommends turning off all static eliminators and shutting down any ir or hot air dryers on the press. ClingZ has a website with detailed instructions on how to best use their product.

Yupo octopus, I just ran some sample sheets (through indigo, NOT SHEETFED), ran very good, and sticks to glass WAY better then clingz, give it a try very good....

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back