CMYK problem printed by KM C6500

mantoxu

I have been considering buying one used Konica Minolta c6500 printer. Several days ago, I tried the engine and printed one image which was consist of four color squares(C100%, M100%, Y100%, K100%)。I did the image in Photoshop, C is 100%, M100%, Y100%, K100%, and the file format is CMYK.

But the output image changed, the cyan is dark blue, not C100%, the yellow is also dark yellow, not Y100%. I found the K was not 100%K, the black square edge had several color shadow like yellow and so on (if I print 100k text, the text edge will not sharp)。

Please see the attached file.
My Photos Photo Gallery - Photo 1 of 1 by Jason - MySpace Photos

I am the beginner, I will appreciate anyone who can give me some advice.

Thanks!

Last edited:
What rip are you printing to? In either case the file will more than likely be going via simulation which is the default. Soooo the colours your are printing are trying to simulate that of the simulation selected e.g SWOP. Obviously 100% yellow toner is not an exactly the same has 100% yellow on a SWOP press so they chuck in a bit cyan or magenta to simulate the yellow.

To get around this you need to turn the simulation off. On the fiery set the simulation to none in CWS. On the creo set the simulation to none. In photoshop set the colour management to off.

If you remove the raster or on a creo take 'back to original' and preview you should be able to use an eye dropper (in pitstop) measure the colour makeup pre-rip. If this is not 100% of each colour your never going to get this out of the engine.

What rip are you printing to? In either case the file will more than likely be going via simulation which is the default. Soooo the colours your are printing are trying to simulate that of the simulation selected e.g SWOP. Obviously 100% yellow toner is not an exactly the same has 100% yellow on a SWOP press so they chuck in a bit cyan or magenta to simulate the yellow.

To get around this you need to turn the simulation off. On the fiery set the simulation to none in CWS. On the creo set the simulation to none. In photoshop set the colour management to off.

If you remove the raster or on a creo take 'back to original' and preview you should be able to use an eye dropper (in pitstop) measure the colour makeup pre-rip. If this is not 100% of each colour your never going to get this out of the engine.
Thanks for your reply! I use the fiery, I will try to set the simulation to none and see whether it works or not.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back