Coating Plates for ManRoland Press

Jerald

I work for a packaging company that uses some very complex coatings on cartons. We have both ManRoland 700 and 300 presses and use a polyfibron raised coating plate on a metal back (very similar to a Flexo plate) to apply the coatings. The plates are exposed on a print frame using film. My problem is that both my film setter and the processor for the polyfibron plates are old and on the way out. I need a solution to making coating plates that will replace both of these older machines with one new one.

Prior to this method we merely cut blankets to apply coatings but with the complexity of the graphics we are using that is not possible.

Just curious how other places are handling this. I've asked my Fuji vendor for a solution but so far he hasn't been able to come up with anything other than a complete Flexo workflow which my company is not going to foot the bill for just to create coatings.

I highly agree with chevalier, OEC is the way to go. We used them many times and once they get your specs, they make fantastic, durable coating plates. A bit of planning to get them delivered to us, west coast and they are east.

I forgot to mention they also offer inplant flexographic CtP setups.

A bit of planning to get them delivered to us, west coast and they are east.
Just a light jab...:D
Ah! You costal folk... there is of course nothing between the Appalachian and Rocky Mountains. OEC has locations in the upper Midwest Chicago and Appleton, Wisconsin (CST) and a new West Coast facility in California (PST).

Last edited:
Lol! :D Not a jab, I'm also in Canada. Just needed to have CSR's on top of job, to give a couple of days to receive the plate. Great to hear a new plant in Cal.

Sorry it took me a while to get back to the forum. Thank you all for your input. We do make these types of plates on an almost daily basis so outsourcing could be problematic. I will contact OEC to see what they can tell me.

Thanks again.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back