cockpit workstation upgrade time

rbailleu

I am purchasing a new workstation for cockpit general prepress apps. I am going to windows 7 and am considering going 64 bit. has anyone had any issues with heidelberg applications( cockpits signa and such) and/or adobe products cs5 etc.

I have installed Prinect Cockpit 4.5.212.7 on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit virtualized via Parallels and ran it without issue. Due to the lethargic adoption speed HDM has for the Mac operating systems I had used this route as a bridge. I now also have this version of the cockpit running on Mac OS X 10.6.4 with only minor issues related to DNS.

As far as CS5 and Signa go I am running them in 10.6.4 without issue.

Last edited:
I installed Signa 4.5 and CS5 on my new Windows 7 pro 64bit workstation a couple of weeks ago. So far I haven't had any issues.

I don't have cockpit so I can't help you there.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back