Color control on Roland VG2-640

jwheeler

We are getting drastic color changes from day to day on our Roland VG2-640. For example, when printing some posters with a large blue area, the color will be blue one day, and shift to purple the next day when printing more of the exact same RIP'd file. We did not change inks or media types between days, other than replacing the media when it ran out. The color doesn't shift throughout the day, only from one day to the next. Any advice?

in some cases, the color will shift during the ink curing too, so it could be the poster you did earlier has shiftted color. so you might wanna wait for 24 hours till the ink is fully out gassed, then compare

Could be humidity issue or it may be that the ink bags need a little shake, I try to shake ours at least once a week, as I was having a similar issue, however now that I regularly gently shape the bags (rock back and forth), I haven't had this issue arise again.

Have you monitored the Temperature and Humidity in the area daily, just a suggestion
We have not formally monitored it, but it does usually stay right at 72° since we have a good AC unit in that room.

in some cases, the color will shift during the ink curing too, so it could be the poster you did earlier has shiftted color. so you might wanna wait for 24 hours till the ink is fully out gassed, then compare
We let all of them sit for a day or two to off-gas before laminating and the color never shifted to where they matched.

may be that the ink bags need a little shake
We'll give this a try, thank you.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back