Colour dropout on Vutek QS3200

LH_D

we've been having an issue of dropout with our QS for the past few weeks, initially it started as dropout on the 3rd magenta jetpack, i thought i had it sorted but it re-appeared on the first magenta JP, i started by swapping filters, connectors, tubing and eventually the jetpack itself, none of this worked until i removed the connector on the inktank, i thought the connector felt a bit loose so removed it from the tank and wrapped ptfe tape around the thread then replaced it back onto the tank,

From further tests and prints this seems to have done the trick, well almost, my problem now is the issue has appeared in one of the light magenta jetpacks!!!! :confused:

I can print without too many problems so's long as i print with heavy smoothing, if i try print with light smoothing its a waste of time,

Can anybody enlighten me as to what could be wrong with our printer as im starting to loose the power of rational thought:(

We have had similar issues with our black and cyan jets. Replacing pumps worked for the black. And cyan dropouts were being caused by a faulty nozzle on a jet. We've also adjusted voltages at times to remedy other dropouts.

Had my share of it too

Had my share of it too

Sucking air or a bad bladder on the jet. Happens more frequently than I'd like. Recommended from vutek that you tape all threads from the ink tank to the fitting on the bladder. Happens to my QS frequently. We're under a service contract so I keep bladders in stock Pt. # 45094578. They also have whats called a dropout kit which I've requested many times to fix the problem.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back