Colour management - Simulate paper in Adobe Acrobat X Pro

LeeM

Hi,

I'm having colour issues and I was hoping you could help

I am trying to print out a colour and don't understand why my ink jet prints the colour fine but a laser printer does not. The colour I want to print is "1 - Without Simulate Paper colour”
1---Without-Simulate-Paper-colour.jpg

But when I go to office works and print it on a laser, it prints as per "2 - With Simulate Paper colour"
2---With-Simulate-Paper-colour.jpg

When I simulate paper colour in Adobe acrobat the colour changes to how it prints at officeworks. Does this mean the colour settings are wrong in my CS6?

What I'm trying to do is show my client how the colour would look printed on both an ink jet and a laser printer. I have already emailed the colour and they are happy with it.

Any links to good tutorials on colour management for beginners would be great also.

Thanks
Lee

I'm not sure. I think i'll send the file to a professional printer and go from there.

Thanks,
Lee

I am still a little confused as to what you want to accomplish.

are you - in the REAL printed production - printing your PDF onto paper that is colored ?

That is what "simulate paper color is designed to do - it is assuming that you DO NOT have the actual colored paper that you are printing on, and you want to see what it will look like. So, if you have a big yellow circle in your PDF, and you are printing on blue paper, that yellow circle will look green on screen ( and presumably, green when you actually print that yellow circle on blue paper )

This can be turned on or off within Acrobat - and in both cases, if only a simulation !

is "officeworks" a printer, or is that the name of your company, and you have a different color printer at the office than you do at home ?

Who knows if when I print to some laserwriter if it supports output intents or even overprinting !

Rendering intent

Rendering intent

I would check the print driver section to see if the laser printer has setting absolute colour metric rendering turned on. If relative colour metric is used no paper white is simulated. So if windows, check settings printers and preferences. Mac is different.

Don't think CS6 is the problem.

Colin

I am still a little confused as to what you want to accomplish.

are you - in the REAL printed production - printing your PDF onto paper that is colored ?

That is what "simulate paper color is designed to do - it is assuming that you DO NOT have the actual colored paper that you are printing on, and you want to see what it will look like. So, if you have a big yellow circle in your PDF, and you are printing on blue paper, that yellow circle will look green on screen ( and presumably, green when you actually print that yellow circle on blue paper )

This can be turned on or off within Acrobat - and in both cases, if only a simulation !

is "officeworks" a printer, or is that the name of your company, and you have a different color printer at the office than you do at home ?

Who knows if when I print to some laserwriter if it supports output intents or even overprinting !

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back