colour stepwedges/colour bars in preps

Bansheei

is it possible to make colour bars or stepwedges in illustrator and load them into your marks folder, and...
'when placing them into preps' tell it to 'not add tonal curve to wedges or colour bars'...

I thought I saw this option once and i cant find it now, i'm wondering if it was just a dream or is it still possible...

we have a tonal curve applied in the Queue for plating, but we want the readings with the denso to read the calibration readings & without the tonal curve adjustment...

See if this helps

See if this helps

Smart color bars
Preps includes a small selection of color bars, and you can add a custom mark file to use. A color bar is typically duplicated across the width of a press sheet, or you can specify a fixed area.
Color bars are Smart Dupmarks. The image files that Preps provides in the Dupmarks folder include colorbar.eps, digital4colorbar.eps, digital6colorbar.eps, k+5spotcolorbar.eps.
For field descriptions, see Edit Smart Duplicating Mark dialog box.
To create and apply a color bar, see Create a new duplicating mark.

Turning off color calibration

For JDF or Adobe Job Ticket output that will be sent to Prinergy or Prinergy Evo workflow systems, you can select the Do not apply workflow calibration option in the Edit Smart Duplicating Mark dialog box to print uncalibrated SmartMarks that are not affected by color profiles or curves applied to jobs. A pair of marks flats is then generated, one containing the uncalibrated marks, the other with calibrated marks in case this is needed downstream.

Mark

Checkout the RIT color bar from Franz Sigg. He did some spiffy things in the PS to verify your transfer curves and such. Impressive stuff (and idiot proof - helped him test it, LOL!)

- Mac

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back