Comfort Screen Angles

ponnapati123

Recently we printed one Hair line design job with convenient screen angles, which are K - 15, C - 0, M - 45, Y - 75. With this screen angles are able to print perfect register and also matching with contract proof. I would like to know if this screen angle is good for hair line jobs can we proceed these screen angles for all jobs ? / If not why ?

Recently we printed one Hair line design job with convenient screen angles, which are K - 15, C - 0, M - 45, Y - 75. With this screen angles are able to print perfect register and also matching with contract proof. I would like to know if this screen angle is good for hair line jobs can we proceed these screen angles for all jobs ? / If not why ?

Yikes!

Screen angles have nothing to do with your ability to print in register. They also have virtually nothing to do with your ability to "match" a contract proof.
I don't know what a "hair line design" job is. One that has hair line size graphics? Are they halftone screened?

Basically, to avoid visible moiré between two (or more) halftone screens the angles need to be 30° apart.
There are only 3 such possible angles - so they are reserved for the dark ink hues because the dark inks will exaggerate the visibility of the moiré.
The 4th ink can only be 15° away from the other screens so that angle is reserved for the lightest ink hue - Yellow because its lightness reduces the visibility of the moiré that's there. Yellow is also typically run at a frequency of 108% of the other inks in order to help reduce the visibility of the moiré.

Now do you see the problem with your chosen ink angles?

Thank you Mr. Gordo

As I mentioned in my post Hair line design is nothing but Graphics designed with hair line of thickness and the graphic is halftone. When we used conventional screen angels if slight mis register also huge difference is showing in terms of mis registration. When we used comfort screen angles register is good compare to conventional screen angles.

Not sure what "comfort angles" are but K-15, C-0, M-45, Y-75 would give me heartburn. In the past when running a project with hairline key lines around photos, black at 45 kept them nice and crisp. Is it possible you are running intricate 4 color black halftones and the misregistration is more apparent? Then I would eliminate the CMY and print black only. Gordo's moiré assessment is spot on. Maybe you could clarify your post?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back