Command Workstation 5 - VDP 1 document from 2 different drawers

madsk

Hello

I'm in the middle of creating a vdp campaign containing 81.000 records which has to be printed on 2 pages and sorted in the printer from 2 different drawers.

The easiest way to explain this is that I have record 1 that has to be printed on a letter and the same record has to be printed on an attachment.

They have to be done in the same document, because when they have been printed they have to be sorted so the letter and attachment with record 1 has to be right after eachother.

But the VDP is to be printed on preprinted paper. Which means I have to use 2 drawers. One for the letter and one for the attachment.

I have InDesign CS6 and Command Workstation 5 to my disposal - The assignment is to be printed on a Canon C1110 (BW Printer)

Basically all odd pages has to be printed from drawer 1 and all even pages has to be printed from drawer 2.

Is there any way to do this?

I recently had the same question and was sent this doc. Hope this helps.

Hello

I'm in the middle of creating a vdp campaign containing 81.000 records which has to be printed on 2 pages and sorted in the printer from 2 different drawers.

The easiest way to explain this is that I have record 1 that has to be printed on a letter and the same record has to be printed on an attachment.

They have to be done in the same document, because when they have been printed they have to be sorted so the letter and attachment with record 1 has to be right after eachother.

But the VDP is to be printed on preprinted paper. Which means I have to use 2 drawers. One for the letter and one for the attachment.

I have InDesign CS6 and Command Workstation 5 to my disposal - The assignment is to be printed on a Canon C1110 (BW Printer)

Basically all odd pages has to be printed from drawer 1 and all even pages has to be printed from drawer 2.

Attachments

• TechNote-0019-XMPie_RIP_Output_Guide_v1.0.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 518
Is the file you are printing 1 giant pdf?
Are you presorting for mailing.
does the order matter?

you may also have hot folders that you could separate the large file into single files with 2 pages then set up the hot folder to print page 1 from draw 2 and page 2 from draw 2.

it depends on how you are doing the variable data.

Your demand is variable data printing software do the work!

Your demand is variable data printing software do the work!

You can download a variable data printing software and try to design a template with two pages.

the first page is for your "Letter" and the second page for your "attachment".

and in the template ,you can setting a tray for each page. also known as each page with different tray and paper size.

the attachment is a picture about how to design the template.

Hello

Attachments

• two page with different paper and tray.jpg
    two page with different paper and tray.jpg
    769.7 KB · Views: 231

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back