Command Workstation 6.... missing features?

wonderings

I have Command Workstation 6 installed on my iMac at work, I use it to test before upgrading anything major like directly onto the RIP for our Versant 2100. Today I wanted to look at some of my spot colours, but noticed I cannot find it anywhere in Command Workstation 6. Previous version I go to device centre and from there I can find everything. Not so with CW 6... at least that I can see.

Am I missing something or did they remove this? Also cannot see my colour drum life, not a huge thing but something I do look at from time to time. I cannot imagine ever upgrading the RIP with CW 6 as it sits right now. Sure it looks pretty but seems to be missing some valuable tools. If they are there they are certainly hidden.

I just have it on my Mac like you - I don't think I want to take the plunge on the RIP's yet.

It looks like you need to go to the dropdown menus > Server > Device Center, then Spot Colors is on the left under Resources.

Clunky.

thanks, it is there at least. They certainly seemed to get rid of the function and go for style instead. I will not be upgrading any other computers here till things change.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back