Command Workstation Fiery Ticker and Configure won't run

jpfulton248

I have a EX fiery controller for the Xerox J75. Started having problems with the Fiery server software shutting down intermittently. Sometimes during the ripping process, sometimes mid-job, sometimes just because. Tech came out 2 days ago and reloaded ALL of the software from Windows up. Now Fiery ticker just shows the splash screen and 5 dots running across the screen. Also Ticker gives this error: "Your System is not configured or is not allowed to support this application. Error 408." Webtools does load but when I click "Configure" that window comes up blank.

I'm running 32bit Java 6 update 45, .NET Framework 4.0.30319, I've reinstalled Agali, I'm running Command Workstation 5.4.0.77

Any ideas? Thx

deckm00@yahoo.com

As I recall you need v5.5 minimum for Ticker so you'll need to upgrade to that. download link follows. Preview v6.x and if you like it try that instead. w3.efi.com/cws5

PricelineNegotiator

I have a EX fiery controller for the Xerox J75. Started having problems with the Fiery server software shutting down intermittently. Sometimes during the ripping process, sometimes mid-job, sometimes just because. Tech came out 2 days ago and reloaded ALL of the software from Windows up. Now Fiery ticker just shows the splash screen and 5 dots running across the screen. Also Ticker gives this error: "Your System is not configured or is not allowed to support this application. Error 408." Webtools does load but when I click "Configure" that window comes up blank.

I'm running 32bit Java 6 update 45, .NET Framework 4.0.30319, I've reinstalled Agali, I'm running Command Workstation 5.4.0.77

Any ideas? Thx
I just started to get a similar error in the recent days. I'm pretty sure I have all the press updates, and obviously all that EFI has put out as well. Probably a back-end error for Fiery Ticker that will be fixed in the coming weeks. I'll record the error code next time it happens.

PricelineNegotiator

Yep, error 408 as well. No Fiery updates that made it happen. Possibly something to do with Windows Update, though?

Fiery Command WorkStation Package : 6.1.0.179
Fiery Command WorkStation : 6.1.0.28
Calibrator 2 : 2.2.1.1
Control Bar Builder : 1.2.00.13
Image Enhance Visual Editor : 2.1.0.0
ImageViewer : 3.1.0.1
Impose/Compose/JobMaster : 4.10.0.12
Job Properties : 3.1.0.5
Preflight : 1.6.0.5
Raster Preview : 4.10.0.12

wonderings

Did you update your Java recently? I remember when our old J75 was installed they disabled the Java update because the newer version interfered with something. Could have been resolved by now, that was a few years ago.

Automatically Autonomous Automation

Automatically Autonomous Automation
Although the autonomous car is not quite ready, a lights out print operation is something you can do right now if you have a comprehensive Print MIS (Management Information System). The advantages can put money on your bottom line. So what’s your next step? Link to Article