Command Workstation Fiery Ticker and Configure won't run

jpfulton248

I have a EX fiery controller for the Xerox J75. Started having problems with the Fiery server software shutting down intermittently. Sometimes during the ripping process, sometimes mid-job, sometimes just because. Tech came out 2 days ago and reloaded ALL of the software from Windows up. Now Fiery ticker just shows the splash screen and 5 dots running across the screen. Also Ticker gives this error: "Your System is not configured or is not allowed to support this application. Error 408." Webtools does load but when I click "Configure" that window comes up blank.

I'm running 32bit Java 6 update 45, .NET Framework 4.0.30319, I've reinstalled Agali, I'm running Command Workstation 5.4.0.77

Any ideas? Thx

As I recall you need v5.5 minimum for Ticker so you'll need to upgrade to that. download link follows. Preview v6.x and if you like it try that instead. w3.efi.com/cws5

I have a EX fiery controller for the Xerox J75. Started having problems with the Fiery server software shutting down intermittently. Sometimes during the ripping process, sometimes mid-job, sometimes just because. Tech came out 2 days ago and reloaded ALL of the software from Windows up. Now Fiery ticker just shows the splash screen and 5 dots running across the screen. Also Ticker gives this error: "Your System is not configured or is not allowed to support this application. Error 408." Webtools does load but when I click "Configure" that window comes up blank.

I'm running 32bit Java 6 update 45, .NET Framework 4.0.30319, I've reinstalled Agali, I'm running Command Workstation 5.4.0.77

Any ideas? Thx

I just started to get a similar error in the recent days. I'm pretty sure I have all the press updates, and obviously all that EFI has put out as well. Probably a back-end error for Fiery Ticker that will be fixed in the coming weeks. I'll record the error code next time it happens.

Yep, error 408 as well. No Fiery updates that made it happen. Possibly something to do with Windows Update, though?

Fiery Command WorkStation Package : 6.1.0.179
Fiery Command WorkStation : 6.1.0.28
Calibrator 2 : 2.2.1.1
Control Bar Builder : 1.2.00.13
Image Enhance Visual Editor : 2.1.0.0
ImageViewer : 3.1.0.1
Impose/Compose/JobMaster : 4.10.0.12
Job Properties : 3.1.0.5
Preflight : 1.6.0.5
Raster Preview : 4.10.0.12

Did you update your Java recently? I remember when our old J75 was installed they disabled the Java update because the newer version interfered with something. Could have been resolved by now, that was a few years ago.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back