Command Workstation Question...

kdw75

Can you install and use it on two machines in order to print to a single RIP/Printer?

I don't see why not. Unless there are modules that are licensed using fixed licenses rather than floating licenses. Might want to contact Fiery Support.

We are going through Xerox, so EFI won't provide any support. I am thinking it would be much easier, with our increased work lately, to have another person help out with running files from a separate machine. I guess I will just give it a shot and see what happens.

If you send me a PM with your contact info I'll see what I can dig up. I'm in Metrix support but I can try to poke around.

I have the Command Workstation on more then 2 machines for our DC260. Now only 2 are using it regularly, the others computers use it once and a while.

we have CWS installed on all three workstations to access one Xerox 700i.
works great. As Matt said however, if you have special profiling software, that might not be accessible to the other stations.

CWS will pick up the server on your network by it's IP address. You can run and even calibrate on any networked workstation, as long as you have the spectrophotometer plugged in on that workstation

only caveat is that we've been instructed not to simultaneously log on as administrators.

I can't imagine why...
we've always logged in as Admin on all workstations. Can't change anything if you don't.

As a general IT rule you should never have two users with the same ID logging into the same station. It's not that it's "bad" as in will break something. But it does lead to confusion as to who did what. For searching/sorting work and identifying jobs it is much preferable to have each user have their own unique ID.

As a general IT rule you should never have two users with the same ID logging into the same station. It's not that it's "bad" as in will break something. But it does lead to confusion as to who did what. For searching/sorting work and identifying jobs it is much preferable to have each user have their own unique ID.

there is that. Although in this situation, I don't think it's a big deal. they're just looking to have CWS on a second work station to print from. I don't think that "who did what" is a big issue. aside from that, I don't think CWS tracks that kind of stuff.

CW shows the name of the user who sent the file to CW, so I always sort by user name. I rarely will work on something sent by another user, but then still I know who printed it.

Unless there are segments that are certified using set permits rather than sailing permits. Might want to get in touch with Fantastic Assistance.

What?!?! Are you just trying to get your post count up so you can spam on the boards? That comment, or most of your others for that matter, made absolutely no sense.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back